Portishead Medical Group is working with other surgeries in our area to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Due to the storage requirements and the fragility of the vaccine the government has mandated that the group of surgeries only vaccinate from one site. Our vaccination site will be in Portishead and details will be given when we contact you to make an appointment.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a text or letter either from your GP or the national booking system.
People aged 75 or over or health and social care workers can now call us to book into a COVID-19 vaccination clinic. Patients registered at Portishead Medical Group can call 01275 841630 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you are registered at Clevedon Medical Centre, Harbourside Family Practice in Portishead or Heywood Family Practice in Pill please call your own practice and they will book your appointment for you.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking everyone else not to contact us to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until we reach the relevant priority group. We are working down the list as fast as we possibly can.
You need 2 doses, up to 12 weeks apart. We are unlikely to be able to book both appointments at the same time so will need to contact you again to book your second appointment. It is very important that you attend both appointments.
Please click on the links below for more information.
Guidance for patients who have been invited to a COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- It is very important that you attend both appointments but please do not come if you have any possible COVID symptoms.
- If you are not able to attend you must let us know as soon as possible.
- Please come into the surgery independently. Any carers or people that bring you down must wait outside.
- You will need to wait for 15 minutes after your vaccination.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment and queue in the marquee at the side of the surgery
- Please wear a face mask
- Please wear short sleeves or a vest-sleeved top so that we can access your upper arm easily
- Please park in the Homebase car park across the road if possible to reduce congestion near the surgery
- You should not have any other vaccinations within 7 days before or after your COVID vaccination
- You should not have the vaccine if:
- You have had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 4 weeks
- You have ever had a serious allergic reaction to another medication or vaccine