Portishead Medical Group is working with other surgeries in our area to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
We are currently vaccinating all patients in priority groups 1-9.
These groups include:
- Everyone over 50 years old
- Social care workers
- Those who are clinically extremely vulnerable (i.e. who received a Shielding letter)
- People aged 16-64 who are in an 'at risk' group (you will receive an invitation from us if you fall into this category)
- Adults who provide regular personal care for an elderly or disabled person
If you are in an eligible group you can book these online (via Patient Access or the NHS App) or by calling our reception team on 01275 841630 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
You may receive a letter from the national booking team inviting you to get your vaccine at Ashton Gate or other Mass Vaccinations Centres. You are welcome to book your appointment there or wait to be invited by your GP surgery to your local vaccination centre.
You need 2 doses, up to 12 weeks apart. We are following national advice to give the second dose 11 weeks after the first, and will contact you to make the second appointment nearer this time. It is very important that you attend both appointments.
Please click on the links below for more information.
Guidance for patients who have been invited to a COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- It is very important that you attend both appointments but please do not come if you have any possible COVID symptoms.
- If you are not able to attend you must let us know as soon as possible.
- Please come into the clinic independently if possible, asking any carers or people that bring you down to wait outside.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment (not too early).
- You will need to wait for 15 minutes after receiving a Pfizer vaccine.
- You do not need to wait after receiving an AstraZeneca vaccine but you should not drive for 15 minutes.
- Please note where your vaccination clinic will be held.
- If at Portishead Medical Group, queue in the marquee at the side of the surgery. Please park in the Homebase car park across the road if possible to reduce congestion near the surgery
- If at Portishead Folk Hall, enter the building via the side door and queue as directed.
- Please wear a face mask
- Please wear short sleeves or a vest-sleeved top so that we can access your upper arm easily
- You should not have any other vaccinations within 7 days before or after your COVID vaccination
- You should not have the vaccine if you have ever had a serious allergic reaction to another medication or vaccine