Flu Vaccinations 2020-2021
We have contacted everyone who is eligible to receive flu vaccination this year by letter or email. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible as our flu clinics are booking up quickly and we only have a limited number of appointments left.
Flu clinic appointments can be booked online (please book the correct clinic for your age group) or by calling us on 01275 841630. Please call in the afternoon if possible as our phone lines are less busy after lunch.
- Patients aged 65 and over - appointments are currently available in November, following our final delivery at the end of October
- Children aged 2 to 17 - clinics are currently available. Please note that vaccines will be given at school (not the surgery) for all primary school children and all year 7 children. If you have missed the vaccine at school the provider (Sirona) will arrange catch up clinics.
- Patients aged 18 to 64 - appointments are still available but we only have a small number left. We are trying to obtain more vaccine and hope that this will be available late November. We will release more appointments as soon as we have confirmed these additional vaccine deliveries. If you are in this age category, please do not book into a clinic unless you have received an invitation.
Booking Flu Appointments
- Please book your appointment online if at all possible. If you do not have access to book appointments online please download the NHS App and follow the registration process within the app.
- When booking online, please take care to choose the correct clinic - they will be clearly marked as 'Over 65s' or 'Under 65s'. We regret that if you book into the wrong clinic we will have to cancel that appointment.
- If you are not able to book appointments online please phone our main reception number 01275 841630 - after midday if possible.
- During September and early October we provided a dedicated flu mobile phone number to reduce the number of calls to our main reception line. However this has now been discontinued so please call our main surgery number instead.
People aged over 50 who are not in an 'at risk' group are not currently eligible for vaccination but may be scheduled for vaccination later in the flu season - we are currently waiting for guidance from NHS England whether there will be enough vaccine available after all priority groups have been vaccinated. We will provide more information as soon as we are able to.