Important information about eConsults
To ensure fair access to GPs for all of our patients we provide a mixture of appointment types and booking methods. These include:
- Online via Patient Access or the NHS App
- By telephone - please call 01275 841630
- By completing an eConsult request as described below (this service is available Monday-Friday 08.00-18.30)
We do our best to provide a good selection of each type of consultation but at times of high demand you may find that all available clinics have been filled and be asked to try again at a later date.
What happens when you complete an eConsult?
You will receive an automatic message advising that you will be contacted within 48 hours.
You will then receive a text message or email from us informing you of the day on which you will be contacted (up to 2 weeks ahead). Please provide a mobile number if at all possible and make sure that you are able to answer the phone on that day.
Although there is an option to select a preferred GP, unfortunately due to the way eConsults are allocated we cannot guarantee that you will be contacted by your requested clinician.
eConsults are not suitable for:
- Urgent problems (Call our reception team on 01275 841630, or 111 if the surgery is closed)
- Complex problems which require a full consultation with a GP
- Problems where you need to speak to a particular GP or you are following up a previous consultation
eConsults are suitable for consultations such as:
- Medication queries
- Sick note requests
- Self help advice
- Rashes/skin lesions
- Pain relief advice.
eConsults should not be used for requesting medications which are on your repeat prescriptions, which should continue to be requested in the normal way (online via Patient Access or the NHS App, via your pharmacy, or by putting a paper request into the box in the foyer).
If your problem has resolved prior to your eConsult appointment date or you decide to phone for an appointment instead, please contact reception to let us know so that we can offer this eConsult appointment to someone else.
If you wish to complete an eConsult request please click here
(This service is generally accessible from Monday - Friday 08.00-18.30, subject to availability)