Flu Vaccinations 2021-2022
Trying to book a flu vaccine appointment?
We are able to vaccinate all adults eligible for the free NHS flu vaccine, as well as children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2019 and children who are at a higher risk from flu because of an underlying medical condition, such as severe asthma or a weakened immune system. We are not able to vaccinate the remaining school-aged children in the area, as they will be vaccinated at their school before the end of January.
Our flu vaccine clinics are arranged around deliveries, which are phased throughout the flu season. Once clinics are arranged, eligible people will be contacted by the practice to book an appointment. Please do not call about general flu vaccine appointments in the meantime.
If you do not wish to wait for us to contact you, many local community pharmacies are also able to offer the flu vaccine and, if you’re pregnant, you can contact your local maternity service.
There is enough flu vaccine for all eligible people to be vaccinated.
Appointments for flu vaccinations will be released during week commencing 23rd August 2021.
The groups that we will be vaccinating are:
- All patients aged 50 years and over on 31 Mar 2022
- Patients aged 6 months to under 50 years (on 31 Mar 22) in "clinical risk groups"
- Children aged 2 or 3 years old on 31 Aug 2021
- Pregnant women
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health & social care staff (including Locum GPs) who are registered with us
Clinics are initially being released for the following dates:
Aged 18-49 (in an at risk group) and aged 50-64 (as at 31.3.22):
- 1st October
- 15th October
- 10th November
Aged 65+ (as at 31.3.22):
- 17th September
- 13th October
- 3rd November
Due to differences in the delivery schedules we will be offering flu and covid vaccinations in separate clinics.
All children in primary school and years 7-11 in secondary school will be vaccinated in school
If you miss the scheduled appointment in school, catch up clinics will be offered with the School Nursing Team.
Booking Flu Appointments
- Please book your appointment online if at all possible. If you do not have access to book appointments online please download the NHS App and follow the registration process within the app.
- When booking online, please take care to choose the correct clinic. The clincs that are currently available are named as follows:
- Flu jab all 50 to 64 year olds or invited 18 to 49 year olds x At The Folk Hall x
- Flu jab for ages 65 and over only x At The Folk Hall x
- We regret that if you book into the wrong clinic we will have to cancel that appointment.
- If you are not able to book appointments online please phone our main reception number 01275 841630 - between 10 and 12.