Flu Vaccinations 2021-2022
Issues with flu vaccine deliveries
It was reported in the press on 4th September that there is an issue with delivery for flu vaccines
Thankfully we do not expect this to affect our flu clinic dates - our current plan is to continue as scheduled
Appointments for flu vaccinations will be released during week commencing 23rd August 2021.
The groups that we will be vaccinating are:
- All patients aged 50 years and over on 31 Mar 2022
- Patients aged 6 months to under 50 years (on 31 Mar 22) in "clinical risk groups"
- Children aged 2 or 3 years old on 31 Aug 2021
- Pregnant women
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health & social care staff (including Locum GPs) who are registered with us
Clinics are initially being released for the following dates:
Aged 18-49 (in an at risk group) and aged 50-64 (as at 31.3.22):
- 1st October
- 15th October
- 10th November
Aged 65+ (as at 31.3.22):
- 17th September
- 13th October
- 3rd November
Due to differences in the delivery schedules we will be offering flu and covid vaccinations in separate clinics.
All children in primary school and years 7-11 in secondary school will be vaccinated in school
If you miss the scheduled appointment in school, catch up clinics will be offered with the School Nursing Team.
Booking Flu Appointments
- Please book your appointment online if at all possible. If you do not have access to book appointments online please download the NHS App and follow the registration process within the app.
- When booking online, please take care to choose the correct clinic. The clincs that are currently available are named as follows:
- Flu jab all 50 to 64 year olds or invited 18 to 49 year olds x At The Folk Hall x
- Flu jab for ages 65 and over only x At The Folk Hall x
- We regret that if you book into the wrong clinic we will have to cancel that appointment.
- If you are not able to book appointments online please phone our main reception number 01275 841630 - between 10 and 12.